for MA (Social Work, Rural Management and Gandhian Studies, Social Communication and Buddhist Studies), and BA (Social Work) courses
- Every Year in the month of April/May, advertisement is made for fresh admission into different courses.
- Applications should be in the prescribed forms for admission to the course.
- Prescribed application forms and prospectus for MA(common application) and BA Courses are made available online as well as in the office of the Institute. The processing charge of applications for MA courses is Rs. 300/- (INR Three Hundred only) and for BA courses is Rs.200/- (INR Two Hundred only). Those who want to get the forms and prospectus by mail, must remit an amount of Rs. 350/- for MA and Rs. 250 for BA courses by Demand Draft drawn in favour of National Institute of Social Work & Social Sciences & payable at Bhubaneswar.
- The applicants for MA courses are to submit the application forms by 16th June 2018.
- The applicants for MA courses have to sit for entrance test which will be conducted on 22nd June 2018.
- The entrance test shall consist of written test, group discussion and personal interview.
The process of selection for admission to the course will consist of the following;
- Academic record: 150 marks
- Written test: 50 marks
- Group-discussion: 50 marks
- Viva-voce: 50 marks
TOTAL: 300 marks
- BA Social Work Admission Shall commence from 28th May 2018 onwards.
- There shall be no entrance test for BA in Social Work.
- Commencement of Online Form Fill up – 5th April 2018
- Last Date of Online Form Fill up and Submission– 16th June 2018
- Date of Entrance – 22nd June 2018
To minimise the economic hardship of the students, the Institute provides financial support to the socially and economically backward class students in the form of fee concession and scholarship facility and also ensures to receive and disburse other scholarships for SC / ST / Minority / BPL / financially disadvantaged students by the UGC and Govt. of India. The institute has a scholarship scheme for the BPL category students where they get financial support annually and the amount varies as per their economic status.